Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Forgiveness.

Last week I think God was trying to tell me something. On Wednesday night my study was on forgiveness, on Thursday night we talked about....forgiveness and then on Sunday Greg talked about forgiveness. I started to think about who I needed to give forgiveness to and could not think of anyone major. Then at lunch a couple of us got on the subject of my ex from highschool and as we were talking I noticed I was sounding more and more bitter. I have been thinking a lot about that since then. What would happen if I ran into him today? Would I say hi or......( I don't even want to think about the or).
I still not sure what I would do. How do you forgive someone that says they love you and ask you to marry them and then call you an infatuation and say they were never in love with you? It still hurts but I have to forgive him. So today I am making a stand. I am going down the road of forgiveness for this person, I understand it will probably be a long and hard road but I am now willing to go there. I feel to be the person God wants me to be I have to deal with this. So I will.

9 Comments:

Blogger Miss-buggy said...

I have had someone that I had to work at really hard to forgive. I am almost there. But, how do you forgive someone for hating you just because you were born?
I wrote a letter. The person died a while ago so I mailed it off to myself. Not sure what I will do from there. Maybe write a letter to him then mail it to yourself when you feel that you can.
It will take time. We are here. God puts people in your life to help you along the way. No matter how painful it may feel

5:56 a.m.  
Blogger Kaylyn said...

I am so proud of you!!

9:21 a.m.  
Blogger Tysey said...

but Mitch, isn't giveing forgiveness giving honor to God?

5:17 p.m.  
Blogger Tysey said...

Hey Mitch, I am here for you. If you ever need someone to talk to. Praying for you too :)

5:27 p.m.  
Blogger Miss-buggy said...

Mitch, it is very hard. Forgiveness is hard and I will not tell you that it is easy. I am working on one in particular right now, but I know that God will lead me. I trust Him. Take the baby steps....

8:36 p.m.  
Blogger Shannon George said...

hey tysey... i'm right behind you all the way if you need someone to talk to , or just someone to pray for you.... and mitch you've always been strong, i know you can do this... i'll be praying for you... misty you've been through so much already , i know you can knock this too...love shannon

10:16 a.m.  
Blogger Miss-buggy said...

thanks shannon. She is right guys. We can all do it because we have the best one backing us ever. God. He will not turn away from us. Once this work has started it needs to be finished. He is there to help. We can be there for one another too. It is no mistake that we have come together. "God doesn't make mistakes..."

10:37 a.m.  
Blogger James Goudie said...

even the quiet ones are here for you tysey ;P

8:07 p.m.  
Blogger Tysey said...

Love you too James.

8:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home