Saturday, March 19, 2005

Is God telling the G.I.R.L.S something?

Okay I thought I would just share this cool thing with you.

We have this discount book bin at work and I was walking past it yesterday when I just happen to look down and the journal to The Purpose Driven Life was staring back up at me. So I bought it. I always wanted to read that book but never had the extra cash (I still don't but something told me I had to for $8:99.). I figured that I was going to be in Abby after work anyway so I would drop by House of James before returning home. I got to House of James at about .....5:30ish and surprise, the book was on sale too. Yeah I bought it. Fast forward to today.

Misty called me and told me that she had the perfect book to do next in our study. Apparently Chelly and her were at superstore yesterday and saw this book on sale and they both bought it at about 5:30ish. I asked her what book she bought at the exact time I bought mine and she said.........The Purpose Driven Life.
I didn't believe her at first but then I thought how would she know I bought it. I told her I bought it to and we came to the conclusion that I had to tell Chelly. So I call Chelly and say"guess what I did yesterday" and perceeded to tell her the story and she laughed. The real cool part is that book has never come up in any of our discussions so none of us knew we were even intrested in the book.
I think God might want us to do this one next.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss-buggy said...

Definately!!
I can't wait to do the study on it. It talks right to me. I love that he suggests we read it over forty days becuase that is how God works in some instances. $0 days of rain, Jesus' 40 days in the wilderness, and Moses' 40 days on Mount Sinai. There is more too. In these 40 days all these people were transformed so the author sayd that these forty days will transform you. Cool.

8:06 a.m.  
Blogger Susan Kirchmayer said...

do ya think????

1:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes God's messages are subtle, and sometimes he hits you upside the head with a two-by-four.

I think you just got the hardwood treatment. :) Which probably means it's a pretty important message.

8:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home