Thursday, February 10, 2005

I AM WHO I AM

I thought I would share this with you. It is from the book I am reading called searching for God knows what, by Donald Miller


And yet, to a spiritual community that offers formula in place of faith, a belief that Jesus was the son of God and God as well is more than a description of the Messenger of the gospel, it is entwined in the message itself, and the idea seems as necessary as the words he speaks. There is no question that a part of what we believe as Christians is that Jesus is in fact God. We cling to this as truth, we cling to that which we do not understand, just as love causes a man to cling to a woman, and love causes a father or a mother to connect deeply with his or her child. Indeed, as Jesus looks across the social landscape into the fear-filled eyes of the inhabitants of the lifeboat, He does not offer a formula that will help us win the game, He offers Himself.

I want to tell you without reservation that if there is any hope for you and me, for this planet set kilter in the fifteen-billion light-year expanse of endless mystery, the hope would have to be in this Man who contends He is not of us, but with us, and simply IS.

I AM WHO I AM.

1 Comments:

Blogger lori said...

i loved that book. have you read 'Blue Like Jazz' ?
(also by donald miller.) it's good too.

greg told me donald miller is coming to speak somewhere nearby, i can't remember where or when though. lots of help, eh. (but you could ask him if you want)

6:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home