Thursday, January 20, 2005

My Future

At work today I was listening to customers complaining and the staff gossiping my mind wondered....... do I want to be here 2 years down the line still listening to this crap? I have finally decided the answer to that question was a big fat no. So where do I go from here? (sigh) Well, I want to go back to school but I am not sure what I want to take. then there is the whole paying for it thing, that kinda puts a damper on things, plus there is the whole notion of where to go. My cousin wants me to go to school in Calgary. It would be cheaper and I could live with her but I am not crazy about leaving B.C. plus my family, friends and church are here and those are big parts of who I am.

As the customer found something else wrong with his bill I turned back to my thoughts......... what about massage theropy? I have been thinking about it for some time but never really really considered it. Well, it would be expencive and the best schools are in Vancouver. I could get a student loan but with what my bills are now I would have to cut my hours and I don't know if I can afford that. (sigh) I am not sure I could really touch all those people anyway. I don't meant that in a mean way but I am not a very touchy feely girl (except for hugs :) ) Hmmmmmm, I could do some sort of counselling course. I have always loved to help peple with their problems or at least listen to them and try and help. Again, the money thing. That one seems like a possiblity, I will have to do more thought into that idea.

Later on in my sift I was talking to one of the cashiers about my.....frustration and she advised me to look into pharmacy assistant. She said that her son was taking it and that it was only a 10 month course in abbostford. Work would pay for the schooling and place me in one of their pharmacies. The job pays really well and assistants are in need, I could take classes at night and work during the day. This way I have a lot of burdens lifted. I would be set money wise and I had a buch of co-workers tell me they could see me doing that as a career. I could pay my car off sooner and get out of debt. If I didn't like the job I would stay at it for a while and put myself though school for something else (maybe by then I would have it figured out) I could go on missions trips and help out more anywhere needed.
Well, we will leave it up to God to decide. He knows best for me, in the mean time I think I am going to look into this pharamcy thing some more. sometimes I wish that life came with a instruction booklet because that would make this decision soooooo much easier!


P.S/ Hey Rod, I'm working on it

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hey Tysey, welcome to blogging. What does 'lupka' mean?

4:40 p.m.  
Blogger Miss-buggy said...

Hey welcome to the blogging world. The pharmacy assistant cousrse would be a good one for you I think. A girl at my work is taking it and she pays like $10 a month through correspondece. That's an option too. Your struggles aren't much different than my own right now. Good luck and keep Praying.

8:17 p.m.  
Blogger Kaylyn said...

Hey there chicky!! Welcome to blogging!!

I know that you be able to figure out what you want. God will show you..maybe He has already :)

Miss you and hope to talk to you soon!!

10:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home