Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Enough Slacking

Okay, so I had a good talk with Rod about my last blog and feel better in knowing I am not the only one that feels this way. I went to bed thinking of what I was going to do. I needed something to get me back on track with God. Then a thought came to me. I have dedicated my life to God, but have I really..........commited anything? I have stood up and given myself to God, in body, but have I really given myself over fully? No. I came to the conclusion over the last couple of days that after I met my last boyfriend everything I believed in and stood for I put on the back burner. I put his and my needs first and ignored what God wanted for my life. I was too busy trying to make my boyfriend happy and work to get what I wanted that I almost completely shut God out. I would only turn to God when there was something I wanted that I could not do on my own. I was now turning to God only when it was convenient for me. I wanted to have my cake and eat it too. I wanted to believe in God but still have my idea of "fun" as well. I think now that the reason I feel so far from God is because I pushed him away and he is telling me that he will be waiting until I am ready to come back to him. I am now coming back around and realizing I have not but my faith into actions. I think faith without action is not really faith at all. I can say I am a Christian all I want but to be faithful in actions is something I find hard to do. Jesus never just sat around saying "yup I am the son of God.". He went out and talked to people and helped people. He brought people to God. He didn't wait for them to come to him. So as a Christian I feel I need to start living like one, not just say I am. So today I am rededicating my life to the Lord and promise to live the life that God wants me too! I feel very.......good about this. Also I would like to thank those of you that have helped me realize what I needed too do. I love you guys.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lupka, so glad to hear you are blogging.
Also, I am so glad to hear that you have rededicated your life to our Lord. He rejoices in that decision, and we do too.
Remember too, we don't have to put all our stock in our feelings, sometimes we "feel" the love of God, and sometimes we don't. But that doesn't change the fact that God is in our lives and totally enamoured with us!
He is 100% pleased with us and has wonderful things planned for you.
Love, Jilly

10:14 a.m.  
Blogger MUD said...

YEA TESEY!!! GO SISTA GO!!!
Isaiah 26:3 (New Living Translation)

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you,
whose thoughts are fixed on you!

1:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home