Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What a Day

So Sunday I got up at 7am (rare for me) and I went for a walk at Rolley lake with my friend and his dog. As I was walking around the lake I was taken back by the beautiful day. The sun was shining and it was coming through the trees, the water was clear and it was not a very cold morning. It was sooooo nice. I began to........appreciate all the beauty that God had created again and I have not done that in a long time. Can anyone else relate?
You know, I am so busy working and worrying about being here or being there, getting this done or getting that done that I forget what God has done and created. When I was at the lake I felt closer to God then I have in a long time and you know what? None of that other stuff mattered at that moment. I was just living in the moment and I have not done that in a long time. I didn't worry if I was going to be late for church, I was enjoying the company I was with and the day God had given us.
That walk opened up a door for me. I can't say what door but at church Rose came and talked to me and I just lost my mask. I can honestly tell you to cry by myself is hard enough but to do it in public I almost never do, but for the first time I didn't care anymore. God basically showed me that he was around me all the time and he loved me, I can't really explain it but that is how I felt on the walk. He has also shown his love by putting people in my life who know me and still love me anyway, I have been going through a little bit of a......... not so good time and they have really been there for me (THANKS) and shown me a love I didn't know was there.
I think that was why street church was soooo much fun, because again I just let go and had a great time. I loved how that felt. Sunday God helped me to see life beyond the plans and schedules, He helped me to see it the way he made it. For that I am grateful.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

There have been so many times I've "lost" God is the midst of what was going on in my life. I've always found him again and it brings such peace, I'm so glad you found him again. Your friends are all around you, I'm glad your rediscovering that as well, we love you and are here for you!!

8:47 a.m.  
Blogger Miss-buggy said...

So that was a God moment? He always knows when you need Him most. Isn't it wonderful when you all of a sudden realize what He has done. He did it all for us too... A very WOW thing.
I am glad that you are loosing the mask. It's ok to cry.
I am glad we got together and I am looking forward to meeting again. I think that God wants it this way. What could He have in store next? Love you. God loves you too.

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Miss-buggy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger Kaylyn said...

I am more and more amazed with the journey that God has taken you on. Your growth in God has inspired me to my peace in my heart with God.

God is almighty, God is great, God is strong when we are weak.

10:02 a.m.  
Blogger Susan Kirchmayer said...

"God...gives us richly all things to enjoy." 1Tim6:17 including friends...

2:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home