Monday, May 02, 2005

Day 14

So I am reading the book called Purpose Driven Life and was writing the journal entry for day 14 and thought I would share it:

Question to consider:How do I intend to stay focused on God even when He feels distant?

I went almost 4 years without really feeling that God was with me. During that time I yearned for a closeness to Him. I would pray and feel nothing and I would go to church and would not really come away with anything I didn't feel going in. I felt so far away from God and nothing I did was bring me closer.
I know look back on that time and think that God distanced Himself from me to show me or help me see what exactly I had and was now missing because I had put other things in front of him. I realized I was putting a physical relationship ahead of my relationship with God. I was placing my wants before what God wanted for me. Through the last year of this distant relationship I tried to remind myself of just how much I owed God for what He had done for me and was still doing for me. During my relationship with this guy I would only pray/turn to God when things were not going the way I thought or wanted them to go. Slowly I began to figure out that I was living for the wrong person and I needed to get back on the right path.
I began to just talk with God again and let him into my life again. I basically came to Him on my knees and asked Him to help me find my way back home. I began to feel Him little by little, day by day after that. God placed some amazing people in my life; and I have told them this; after I poured out my heart to Him. After that every sermon at church felt like God was speaking to me, it was what I needed to hear at that time. Some was hard to hear but I sat through it. I made a promise to trust in God and tell him everything that was on my heart. Even tho God knows all, I think it is good to tell Him yourself. It helps build a strong and intimate relationship when you feel you can tell someone every little thing about your life and I can with God. I am now on the path to a more intimate relationship with God then I ever had and I am finally content in everything I do because it is not about me anymore. Now if I feel distant from God, I remind myself that everything is a part of God and if I think I am alone I just look around me at everything He created and know that He surrounds me and would never leave me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss-buggy said...

Isn't that an awesome feeling that He will never leave us?
I now get nervous when I feel like I am slipping from God. It's a great journey in Him. I am seeing the journey in you. It's a wonderful journey and I think it is cool watching you grow.

9:24 a.m.  
Blogger James Goudie said...

How come everyone on your link list have short names or whatever and mine is my FULL name. did I do something wrong or something? YOu always know if you are called by your full name you are in trouble.

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Tysey said...

Just so happens, I have an extra copy. I will bring it to church on Sunday for you Mitch.

10:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home