Friday, July 27, 2007

Sappy time

So my birthday is coming up. Too tell you the truth I don’t really care. Well, no I shouldn’t say that. I always get excited for my birthday but this year is different. This year I am in a new city and besides my roommates I have no one to celebrate it with. I can honestly say this is the most alone I have felt here yet. I know when I use to live in Mission I would normally not be around for this day but at least I could celebrate it late with those close to me. Now, not so much. It is a depressing feeling not having anyone you can talk to here. You know, really talk too. I may be just having a pity party in this blog but I just need to get it out. Calgary is going okay, I am going through a lot of internal battles right now that I was not prepared for but as long as I stick close to God and have faith in myself I will get through it. There in it’s self lies the problem. I am finding out here I am losing faith in myself. I cannot say why because I am not sure yet. I just know I am not who I thought I was. In fact I am not sure who I am anymore. Maybe the new person will be better. Can I get any better. J/K. I find I am struggling with the whole self image issue here and it sucks. The whole eating issue has come back. I find I am finding that little voice telling me I need to lose weight again. I find I call myself ugly more than I like the way I look. I didn’t realize how dependent I was on the strength of my friends. For lack of a better way of putting it. I am sorry folks but I really have nothing uplifting to say tonight. Well maybe I should just end this vent here. I will just say this last thing. All I want for my birthday is my friends. XOXO

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

It's hard to be so far from home. We miss you too.

The environment you are in often plays a big part in how you feel, about everything. I hope the place where you are doesn't cause you undue stress. You are perfect the way you are, that is how God made you.

Have you found a Church yet? I think finding some people with similar interests might be good for you?

We're looking forward to seeing you. We are planning on spending Aug 10th with you, prob take the girls to the Zoo?

Love you.

1:03 p.m.  
Blogger James Goudie said...

HUG

i have a tentative date set to come up there to see you. but it isn't in stone yet. still some kinks to work out. but it will happen. even if its just me flying out there for a bit.

5:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home