Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How am I, you ask?

Okay so I know I have not been writing much lately and I know that that comes as no surprise for some of you. I have come to the decision that I am going to try to write at least once a week now. I figured since I am far away from home I would let people know what is happening in my life this way. I have to say tho I am loving Calgary. I know that at first I really didn’t want to come here and there was a time I almost bowed out but I am really glad I didn’t. More for one reason in particular but I will get into that in a little bit. Work seems to be going…….alright. I have had some challenges but I have found that the staff have been really supportive and have acted on situations in a timely fashion. I have to be honest with you tho, there have been…… 3 times where I have almost quit. I do not want to get into it on here because it is in the past but I was at a point, where I was soooo tired of dealing that I was going to give up. They don’t know this but there were nights were I was…….unhappy. For those that know me, you know what that means. At this time I was starting to see this guy at work and things were going really great. My friends, you know the stuff I have been through so to be with someone who does nothing but support you was a really different thing for me. For those of you that don’t know. I am use to being torn down more than I am built up. So, anyway. I had a hard time focusing on that tho because I had all this other stuff going on. It was not until after all this…stuff was settled that I realized how happy I really was. Without going into too much deal I will just say that he treats me really well. I can’t really tell you how he makes me feel because when I think about it I can’t find the words to explain it all I do is smile. So you can imagine. I find I am breaking all my “rules of dating” with him tho. See I had all this things that I wouldn’t do in the dating world. Like I wouldn’t date anyone from work….ever. I wouldn’t date a smoker, I wouldn’t date anyone without a tattoo and I wouldn’t date anyone more than 4 years older than me. Well, with this person I have broken 3 out of four of those. You know what tho, I am soooo glad I did. I was completely stupid and shallow to put rules on people. I never got to know them as a person. So why the change? I don’t know, to tell you the truth. When I met him all those things didn’t seem to matter anymore. I didn’t even consider them. It is funny how you can have things that you think are so important to you for so many years all of a sudden seem obsolete. It is funny how our impression of what is important to us is different from God’s. Even tho I did break my rules, I am really glad I did. I would have missed the opportunity to be with a fantastic guy. I would not change that for anything. So if you are wondering how I am doing in Calgary. My answer would be : never better. Oh and if you are reading this, I love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Goudie said...

love you too

8:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home